Some weeks ago Microsoft released the virtual AX 2012 R3 demo machine for download on Partnersource and Customersource. When I visited this page again, I noticed that there were some nice additions on these pages. This post will inform you about the new updates.
Virtual machine AX 2012 R2
First of all Microsoft made the latest AX 2012 R2 demo machine with Cumulative update 7 available for download again. This was requested by multiple persons. So we now also have the proof that Microsoft is really listening to the needs from their customers ;).
Backup Demo data AX 2012 R3
The demo data for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 has been released. This is available in a format that could be imported in an AX database with help of the Test Data Transfer Tool. The advantage of this tool is that you can overwrite the database where some tables were not overwritten, like the users. Importing data required knowledge of the Test Data Transfer Tool and could take a while to import all table data.
Microsoft has released 9 How-to-Guides to help you utilize the demo machine more efficient and broader. The next guides are added:
- How to Connect Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online with Microsoft Dynamics AX
- How to Connect Office 365, including PowerBI, with Microsoft Dynamics AX
- How to Fix Freezing Forms Issue
- How to Connect Mobile Apps with Microsoft Dynamics AX in Microsoft Azure-based demo environment
- How to Connect Mobile Apps with Microsoft Dynamics AX in local host demo environment
- How to Update PerformancePoint Dashboard
- How to Improve Performance via Database Maintenance
- How to Fix Business Intelligence Cubes Measures and Dimensions
- How to Install Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Business Intelligence Studio for Visual Studio 2010
Personally I do like the guide “How to Connect Mobile Apps with Microsoft Dynamics AX in Microsoft Azure-based demo environment”. It is described how to enable the Mobile companion apps when you have deployed the AX 2012 R3 demo machine to Azure with help of Lifecycle Services. Also a certificate to use with this machine is provided, so the hassle with a correct certificate is gone.
There is more…
If you browse the Solution demo page you will find lots of demo scripts and click through demos. I’m so excited!
You can access the page with help of the following links (these pages requires login):
That’s all for now. Till next time!
[custom_button style=”btn_small btn_type16″ icon=”icon-th-large” target=”_blank” href=”https://community.dynamics.com/ax/default.aspx”]Microsoft Dynamics AX Community[/custom_button][custom_button style=”btn_small btn_type16″ icon=”icon-rss” target=”_blank” href=”http://www.kaya-consulting.com/author/Andre/feed/”]Subscribe to this blogger RSS Feed[/custom_button]