Yes just a new post about DMF, not really about how it works, just an update on the latest know issues.
What you have to know:
- DMF AX2012 R2 and higher the staging table MUST have an one on one relation to the target Table.
- The menu item you select in the DMF wizard. Is for jumping from the staging table form to the target Ax Form.
- DMF wizard sometimes duplicate the table cache setting of the target table, in case of entire table cache, DMF will fail.
- In case your records have a refrecid to a record in the same table, DMF will not be able to do the job, (Chicken and his egg, what was first.)
- Add the natural keys of the related tables (where a refrecid is pointing to) to the staging table and write the replacement code yourself. Good examples are
- DMFBomEntityClass for InventDim fields
- DMFBomVersionEntityClass for HRMworkers (generate Approver)
- Running DMF not in Batch can be debugged with the AX debugger.
- DMF staging Tables use labels and not the value, so If you are running in EN-US and your customer in NL-NL, trust me it will not work out.
- DMF data is company independent but your target ax tables not, be Shure that you run them in the correct company.
- Import and export your DMF settings. DMF framework uses no refrecid add all so create a definition group
- And on the end remove all tables that do no start with ‘DMF’
- Create a clean start, in below example the table ending on Entity where my staging tables
AX2012 R2 CU7
- In AX 2012 R2CU7 the labels are missing, you can correct this by importing the labels from AX 2012R2 older ones.
- Don’t forget to remove these label files when you upgrade to CU8.