The Microsoft Dynamics AX HCM team is investigating to enable payroll functionality for companies worldwide. Microsoft created a survey to find out which processes are performed within your organization or outsourced. Also they would like to know for what countries companies are considering having the functionality in house or still outsourced.
Yes just a new post about DMF, not really about how it works, just an update on the latest know issues.
What you have to know:
- DMF AX2012 R2 and higher the staging table MUST have an one on one relation to the target Table.
- The menu item you select in the DMF wizard. Is for jumping from the staging table form to the target Ax Form.
- DMF wizard sometimes duplicate the table cache setting of the target table, in case of entire table cache, DMF will fail.
- In case your records have a refrecid to a record in the same table, DMF will not be able to do the job, (Chicken and his egg, what was first.)
- Add the natural keys of the related tables (where a refrecid is pointing to) to the staging table and write the replacement code yourself. Good examples are
- DMFBomEntityClass for InventDim fields
- DMFBomVersionEntityClass for HRMworkers (generate Approver)
- Running DMF not in Batch can be debugged with the AX debugger.
- DMF staging Tables use labels and not the value, so If you are running in EN-US and your customer in NL-NL, trust me it will not work out.
- DMF data is company independent but your target ax tables not, be Shure that you run them in the correct company.
- Import and export your DMF settings. DMF framework uses no refrecid add all so create a definition group
- And on the end remove all tables that do no start with ‘DMF’
- Create a clean start, in below example the table ending on Entity where my staging tables
AX2012 R2 CU7
- In AX 2012 R2CU7 the labels are missing, you can correct this by importing the labels from AX 2012R2 older ones.
- Don’t forget to remove these label files when you upgrade to CU8.
Sometimes people have troubles with their Management Reporter integration with AX 2012. I also encountered some problems in the past. If the synchronization is not working, or not working correctly, it could be related to data issues in your Microsoft Dynamics AX environment. In this post I will share some ways to find and solve some problems.
Some time ago I encountered an issue where users in AX 2012 were able to modify records even when the security role should have read rights only. More people have experienced this issue and others will do in future. This post will tell you about the cause and how to solve it in your environment.